Weir Valves & Controls US is seeking a Financial Planning and Analysis resource to bring greater discipline, rigour and business decision support to the leadership team.
The FP&A position will have responsibility for the finance and analysis functions for this business entity.
Primary areas of focus for Financial Planning and Analysis will be to:
· Work with the Controller to improve accuracy of financial forecasting.
· Work with the Controller to improve profitability to best in class.
· Lead the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process.
· Perform analysis of monthly actual financial statement variances and
Actual business performance levels.
· Fluent in the use of M3 ERP and Cognos reporting systems
· Responsible for coordinating WVCUS 5 year Strategic Planning model
· Perform analysis of sales profitability by product line and customer.
· Ensure overhead rates and absorption variances are updated regularly
· Ensure all Divisional and Group deadlines are met with regards to fore-
casts, actuals and budgets.
· Various ad hoc analysis as necessary including WVCUS Capital invest-
Scope of responsibilities
Provide leadership as a member of the finance team:
· Partner effectively with the Controller and Plant Functions to drive results
· Act as a sounding board and provide support to the broader leadership team
· Challenge appropriately
Strengthen/Develop the FP&A finance function:
· Ability to quickly and accurately interpret sales and operational data and formulate the impact on forecasts, budgets and actual results.
· Oversee of all activities of annual budget process, monthly forecasts and monthly actual results including Input/Output, Gross Margins, Costs and EBITA.
· Provide strong people leadership, mentoring and development to the finance team and other plant functions
Strategic planning and analysis:
· Collaborate/drive the 5 year strategic plan with functional leaders- Full knowledge of the strat plan model.
· Use data to drive business strategy- Markets, Competition, Pricing, Suppliers and Customers.
· Work directly with all Sales and Plant functions on backlog and costs and key levers to improve productivity and profit.
· Set and prioritize initiatives to achieve targets
· Ensure that entire organization is aware of key elements of the strategic plan and annual budgeting process.
· Establish qualitative and quantitative strategic goals.
Manage internal financial reporting and budgeting:
· Build a strong, disciplined infrastructure that drives excellence in internal reporting, budgeting, and analysis.
· Manage applicable Key Performance Indicators (KPI) ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
· Ensure that standardized systems, processes, and controls are in place in all areas of the business to track, measure, and maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness. Develop thorough understanding of M3 ERP and Cognos systems.
· Provide useful and timely financial reporting, including appropriate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
· Analyze financial statements and communicate recommendations to the leadership team
Including but not limited to:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Exceptional communication skills are necessary both oral and written; proven ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
Five to Eight years of accounting and financial analysis experience within a large corporation, with prior experience in both corporate and operational focused roles.
Excellent business and analytical skills with a high degree of intelligence and creativity. Successful experience as a senior financial leader with a comprehensive knowledge of accounting, internal financial controls and financial tools.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Confident and self-aware with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Capable of quickly establishing credibility and persuading professionals at all levels.
Intelligent, with excellent analytical and strategic skills. Good business judgment and problem solving skills.
Strong results orientation and a tireless work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Accounting, Database, Design, Development, Human Resource Systems, Inventory, Manufacturing, Order Processing, Payroll, Project Management, Spreadsheet, Word Processing
The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet. In certain areas of the facility personal protective equipment (PPE) is required, including safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, and ear plugs.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets outage related or customer deadlines.
Managing People - A proven manager, who has hired, trained, motivated, facilitated, and led an organization in a manner that has impacted results, culture, and strategic direction.
Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Drive & Initiative - Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them; sets ambitious goals for self and/or others and tackles them with enthusiasm; initiates and generates activity, makes things happen quickly; self-starting, works under own direction; persists in spite of obstacles, finding appropriate solutions; looks for opportunities to progress work faster; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values. Complies with all Company policies and procedures including those pertaining to environmental health and safety (EH&S); determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports unsafe conditions.
Communication – Writes & Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens actively and seeks clarification; asks appropriate questions; able to effectively present and discuss views and ideas; adjusts style and language to meet the needs of audience; shares relevant information; gives constructive feedback to others and is open to receiving feedback.
Problem Solving – Understands and able to break down complex or diverse information; gathers and processes data to identify problems, draw conclusions and propose solutions; able to consider different options and alternatives and make appropriate recommendations; works well with others to resolve problems and implement solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
The Weir Flow Control Division is a leader in critical service and isolation applications and solutions for the nuclear power generation, oil and gas exploration and general industrial sectors. Weir Flow Control brings together a group of specialist valve manufacturing companies located across the globe. A rigorous program of information management ensures each member company is aware of new developments on a worldwide basis enabling the group to take a more anticipatory role in defining the future needs and expectations of the market. Weir’s global reputation is based upon their capability to leverage the organization’s critical resources to deliver engineering solutions that add value to the customer's production process. Weir is able to offer a total package of products to meet end-to-end project requirements.