Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, employing around 15,000 people in over 70 countries, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we'll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
The purpose of the role of the Regional Sales Manager - Municipal - Midwest/Central is to maintain superior and motivated representation of the Weir Flow Control Municipal product portfolio including Floway vertical turbines, WEMCO (Hydrogritter, Torque-Flow, & Screw-Flow), WSP (Self-primer, Chop-Flow, Non-Clog), and Valve products in the marketplace through the appointment, training, mentoring, and monitoring of independent representatives in the assigned territory and ensures their organizations have the necessary talent and capabilities to sustain and/or achieve the municipal sales goals of the company.
Provides market intelligence to the sales director on market conditions, trends, and competitors’ activities so effective countermeasures/strategies can be implemented and price points on projects, products and services are established to achieve company margin and profit objectives.
Provides direct involvement with the representative and customers on major projects and problems, and other special projects such as the introduction and monitoring of new products and their start-up.
Prefer candidates living in the midwest/central region of the United States but not a requirement.
• Aggressively pursue potential sales opportunities by providing sales skills and information - technical, specifications, competitor activities, sales tactics and strategies - so the companies’ products can be tightly specified and make joint sales calls with the representatives to demonstrate those elements.
• Provide the personal leadership, integrity and bearing to gain and sustain the confidence of all parties in the sales process – consulting engineers, representative, contractors and end users - to fully exploit all opportunities for the sale of our products.
• Provide superior technical skill in the knowledge of and application of our products to insure successful installations and avoid misapplications.
• Provide aid and/or direct service to representatives and customers in the start-up and commissioning of the companies equipment, in conjunction with the field service department, and communicates any issues related to the appropriate internal departments.
• Represent the company in regional/national trade shows with product displays, sales promotional activities and technical presentations on products and services.
• Administer and negotiate disputes on commission, warranty and territory issues with and between the company and customers and/or representatives, and between individual representatives in different territories.
• Forecast sales in the assigned region by maintaining necessary communications and records of representatives’ activities to track and evaluate sales performance.
• Keep abreast of all competitors, emerging pump, process, or other potential disruptive technologies that could affect the company business, and then both report and formulate counterstrategies to minimize their impact
• Achieve or exceed budgeted Input, Output and EBITA objectives.
• Work with all other departments in the introduction of new products including establishing of field test sites, evaluation of product performance, reporting customer feedback on improvements, product introduction, training, and promotion with customers and representatives.
Education and/or Experience:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Microsoft Suite Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint), Salesforce, Intelliquip, Dodge Reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally required to work in high, precarious places; exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level for the work environment is usually loud. OSHA 10 Hour Certification or other Safety Certification is a plus.
Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.